First lets take a recent decklist that top in japan.
3x Verz Heliotrope
3x Verz Castor
3x Verz Thunderbird
3x Verz Ceyclon
2x Verz Mandrago
2x Rescue Rabbit
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Dark Hole
1 Allure of Darkness
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Verz Pandemic Infestation
1 Book of Moon
3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Starlight Road
1 Solemn Judgement
2 Solemn Warning
1 Infestation Infection
1 Fiendish Chain
Pros of the deck
- Triple Verz Pandemic Infestation makes this deck immune to bottomless, torrential and prison.
- Verz Castor plus any Verz = Verz Ophion
- Infestation Infection can be chained onto opponent's bottomless and torrential tribute, searches Verz Ceyclon as well
- Verz Ceyclon is an instant rank 4 when effect successfully resolves, if Ceyclon plus another Verz monster = Ophion which its effect earns back the 1 card used.
- Top decking prowess, Top decking rabbit or Ceyclon as well as reborn when u have Ceyclon in graveyard and 2 other Verz
- Verz Thunderbird is one of the best level 4 floaters around in yugioh now, its survival can be ensured easily and used to XYZ the next turn.
- Mandrago plus Verz Ceyclon or rabbit = Verz Ouroboros or Shock ruler
- Mandrago plus Verz Ceyclon taking back Verz Castor and Castor using its effect = able to XYZ 2 rank 4 monsters
- Trap cards like Torrential Tribute works well with Pandemic as well as Thunderbird.
- Bad hand of monsters can be easily cleared by Allure of Darkness
- Drawing 3 Infestation 2 mystical 1 infestation infection is not a funny thing, alternatively opening with spell trap that are not protective is not going to help one in winning games.
- Opening with monster hand such as Rabbit Thunderbird Castor Ceyclon Heliotrope is not funny when your opponent starts with 4 backrow and ends turn.
- Its weakness to Windup (Hence some actually play 3 compulsory and even Fiendish Chain)
- Dark Armed Dragon (If ur ophion gets warninged, DAD becomes alive lol)
- Pot of Duality (To alleviate bad hand rates and to ensure u can XYZ next turn)
- Forbidden Garments (Useful Against Ryko as well as torrential tribute and mirror force as well as bottomless trap hole)
- Maxx-c and Effect veiler (To stop windup and mermail stunts as well as gives you a chance to draw outs to it)
- Forbidden Chalice against monster effects
- Ability to tech in Deck Devastation Virus
For me, my verz testing has been good so far (probably tournament reports in another post if i have time lol). Starting to see many different versions of Verz being played in Japan, most importantly will be to find a balance between the builds i feel. For me, i do not like to play 2 Verz Mandrago in the deck as its attack is the lowest (1550) among the other verz usually played. And top decking this card is useless, when u have ophion on the field this card is also a useless normal summon. Although it allows for stunts to be done with this card, i am still sceptical of it. Possibly a player would play 2 because u can use mandrago to be banished for allure of darkness LOL.
zzxiaoboizz signing off