Saturday, June 23, 2012

Worlds Singapore Qualifer tourney report

Tourney report for Worlds Singapore Qualifier 2012

Deck used: Machina Gadgets

Seeded so straight into top 16

Top 16 vs Ultimate Offering Gadget (Sry did not take note of your name)
XOO

Game 1: He went first and started with a gadget plus a backrow, i said dun so fast ultimate offering me in a kidding manner. On my turn my gearframe got veilered and i took his red gadget using mind control and made my own Giganto x and search for Gearframe and ended with a backrow. He opened Ultimate offering the next turn and when i veilered his gadget, he had another in his hand to continue and my backrow of offerings to the doom stopped only 1 exceed, the rest flooded out and he made a mistake of forgetting to take his green gadget and went to make utopia quickly. I was spared that turn with 700 hp but could not fight back the next turn and died on his next turn.

Game 2: I went first but did not get any backrow removal, in the early part of the game he opened ultimate offerings again but this time veiler plus compulsory was able to stop the search from going on (Lucky he dun hav 2 gadget in hand this time). Push for damage and he did not draw into a gadget and push again and he had only 1200, not enough to make a comeback.

Game 3: H went first and set 2, i storm and hit offering and mst. Started to gadget farm and i stopped his gearframe farm but his gearframe were consistently hitting my gadgets till he got greedy and went to puppet plant my gadget and made giganto x which i compulsed. From then on i started to draw into my backrows of warning and dimensional prison. Slowly controlled with another bottomless i took off pot from the start. He threw cyber and sp fortress which i bottomlessed. He call of the haunted back cyber and i warning it. He had a book of moon to my maelstroke the next turn (he had 1800 left) but no response to the following turn.

Top 8 vs Samuel (Inzektor)
OO
Game 1: He had a facedown set and a damsel searched by sangan after he flushed my fortress and giganto x. I drop cannon to call my fortress back and had a long ago set limiter removal. He had 4200, i wack with fortress he allowed and i limiter him. Backrow turns out to be a waboku, was lucky that he made a mistake as he had gruf in grave already.

Game 2: Had solumn compulse and transmigration set with a facedown fortress that got booked while attacking his facedown monster and a faceup gearframe. He flipped up facedown monster which is damsel next turn, allowed that to pass, he foolish burial and threw hornet. Activated damsel effect which i chain transmigration, he had no inzektor to equip and had to show me his hand of duality reborn and bls. He pot for torrential. Lure it with a flipped faceup fortress next turn, summoned my gearframe and drop cannon for 4200 damage. He top deck into nothing, reborn damsel in defence and ended, i compulse my own gearframe next turn and summoned it searching out a 3rd fortressa after i drew into the 2nd one and pushed for game.

Top 4 vs Wesley Seek (Inzektor)
XX
Game 1: Fortress hand and died quickly to centipede farming with a compulse set to protect it. Centipede farming leads to damsel mantis and leads to otk.

Game 2: Made a fail otk and ate scarecrow instead, went downhill from there and was just pratically stalling game until my backrow was finally overwhelmed by a wicked cyber dragon. I had the 2nd last gearframe on my field and he sp cyber dragon, i bottomless he chain compulse i offerings it and then died later on due to useful backrow all gone.

3rd/4th Placing vs Bryan Chua aka Ball Snow (Inzektor)
XOO
Game 1: Reduced him to 500 then die due to reading of a mst as a real backrow and some zenmaines defending.
Game 2: Had outs to him and reborn allowed me to make giganto x and end him with some 3 card advantage
Game 3: He had relatively few backrow in the late game and i just rushed for the game after using my long held veiler on his critical damsel. He had 3100 left and i had fortress plus reborn in hand but only 1 fortress in grave. I topped into a cannon which i drop for fortress and sp his centipede to deal exact damage to end the game.

Result: 3rd

Post tournament comments: Gadgets did well this time, did not draw badly till against Wesley but thats yugioh. The only negative thing about participation this time is that i lost too easily against Wesley Seek, felt that i did not put up a good fight myself. Nevertheless happy that i made it to 3rd.

zzxiaoboizz signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment